This is a nationwide directory of the unethical, sleezy, illegal, just downright wrong behavior by those involved in advertising of plumbing services to the public.
We will use the information collected here to persuade our legislators and law enforcement to notice that we have a very serious nationwide problem. Consumers are getting defrauded and legitimate plumbers are disappearing.
The Internet has become a wild-west show of near total anarchy, Every con man that wants to fleece the public by pretending to be something they are not is now advertising as a plumber or local plumbing company. We have laws requiring that plumbers be licensed for a reason. They need to be skilled in order to protect the public from water borne diseases when our drinking water is not protected from sewage. Property damage can be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars if our pipes fail inside the house.
There is little or no effective enforcement of federal and state false advertising laws to prevent con-men and criminals from pretending to be licensed plumbers and legitimate plumbing contractors. It is estimated that 80% of all residential plumbing work is being performed by pretend plumbers. The variations are many.
- Drain cleaning companies are advertising plumbing services
- HVAC companies are advertising plumbing services
- Water heater companies are installing water heaters without using plumbers
- Hardware stores are installing water heaters with non-licensed employees
- Trainee plumbers are abandoning their certified training and advertising plumbing services
- General contractor/builders are advertising as specialty plumbing contractors
- Website resellers are putting up plumbing company websites
- Out of state companies are setting up plumbing company websites, advertising to consumers phone numbers that belong to criminals and con men.
- Cyber-squatters are advertising fake local plumbing companies and renting them to anybody that pays them.
- Home Depot and Lowes are now advertising plumbing services while plugging in "sub-contractors" that have contractor registrations but no licensed plumbers.
Hopefully, you will find this site useful. Both consumers and licensed plumbers are welcome to contribute their experiences with the pretenders.
Please register to add listings and/or review any listing.
You must register to write your complaint, comment or review a listing. Register Here. Your contact info will not be visible to the public. If you want your contact info visible just put your info at the bottom of any review you write and it will show.
You might want to check out our sister website: http://www.badplumbers.org